From 1st April 2013, under the requirements of Health & Social Care Act 2008, all general medical practices must be registered with the CQC. Our practice has been approved for registration from this date, with Dr Dev Shah as our registered manager for all regulated activities.
Statement of Purpose – Grove Medical Practice
Grove Medical Practice is a Personal Medical Services (PMS) General Practice located at:
Timperley Health Centre,
169 Grove Lane,
0161 903 9302
The Practice’s registered service provider with the Care Quality Commission with Dr Devang Shah nominated as the registered manager providing the following services:
- Diagnostic and screen processes
- Maternity and midwifery services
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
To provide patients with high quality personal health care whilst seeking continuous improvement in the health status of the whole practice population. We achieve this by developing and maintaining a cohesive team-based approach which is responsive to people’s needs, manages expectations, whilst working in collaboration with supporting organizations.
- Respect our patients and staff; by treating our patients and staff with courtesy, dignity and respect at all times. We will treat all fairly and be especially supportive to the vulnerable. We expect respect in return.
- Involve our patient in decisions; by a whole team approach in supporting our patients to help them make safe decisions to improve and maintain their health.
- Promote best practice; by using specialist expertise within the practice team and externally; utilizing the latest technology where appropriate and encouraging the continuous education and professional development of all members of the practice team. We will be responsive to change, build on our achievements and develop our services.
- Be a caring practice; by conveying compassion in word and action whilst assessing and responding to needs.
- Work together as a team; by working as one flexible unit that enhances our colleagues’ ability to perform their roles supported by strong leadership.
- Work with integrity; by speaking and acting truthfully and being accountable for our actions.
- Be a sustainable practice; by proving an effective service whilst operating on a financially sound basis.
To embrace General Practice at scale by providing leadership at a local and regional level in corroboration within our Primary Care Network, Neighborhood, Clinical Commissioning Group and Greater Manchester Health and Social Partnership.
The Practice provides the following services to its patients:
- Registered services include: diabetic, cardiac, hypertension, asthma, dementia, family planning and maternity care.
- Additional services: Cervical cytology screening, contraception and minor surgery.
- Enhanced services: Learning disability and NHS Health Checks, immunisations, alcohol and smoking cessation support.
- Other services: ECG, Spirometry and phlebotomy.
The services are primarily provided from the surgery premises by General Practitioners, Practice Nurses, and Health Care Assistants. Patient encounters can be either face to face or on the telephone; the practice will also be providing an online consultation service during 2019. Home visits are also available when assessed as medically appropriate.
As part of the Practice’s holistic care provision we engage with other appropriate health and social care organisations including: Community Health Services; Secondary Care and Social Services; and other statutory organisations including the third sector where required and consented.
In corroboration with Trafford CCG and Trafford Primary Health (TPH) all of our patients can take advantage of our services 7 days a week, Mon – Fri 1830 – 2000 and sat / Sun 0900 – 1300, through anyone of four General Practice Hubs located at:
St Johns Medical Centre (South)
2 St Johns Rd, Altrincham, WA14 2NW
Flixton Road Medical Centre (North)
132 Flixton Rd, Urmston, Manchester, M41 5BG
North Trafford Group Practice
880 Chester Road, Stretford M32 0PA
Firsway Health Centre (West)
121 Firs way, Sale, M33 4BR
Our patients can book an appointment by calling our reception on 0161 903 9302